POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg] : Re: rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 25 Jul 2004 13:59:43
Message: <4103f50f$1@news.povray.org>
Hey it's great to see you posting.  You are always so generous helping
others with their problems.

The subject as you describe it suggests something in the American scene
"banal reality" genre.  But the actual image is quite different from
that.  More "magic realism" or "American gothic".

All the action is in the interplay of lighting effects between the
lights of the building and of the evening sky. And it's beautiful,...
evocative. The varying nature of the color blue. It seems to me that you
are getting enough from that just as it is.  So it all comes down to the
foreground.  I don't think you'll be able to finesse it.  Your going to
have to make a real decision there.